Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Fiona - professional yarn unraveler

So I had planned to go to the charity knitting event at Loop this Sunday, but I got distracted by my new knitting buddy.



This is Fiona, a 10 week old tabby cat that I adopted from Save the Cats, Inc at Petsmart in Jenkintown on Saturday. We already have 2 cats and a Pug in our house and I don't know what possessed my mother to suggest that I adopt another. I had been planning to adopt a fuzzy friend when I move out in a year or so, but knowing that this post-college transition + my dad's illness has been hard, perhaps she wanted me to have some sort of consolation prize. So, being that she's so tiny and needs to get acclimated to her new home, I ditched charity knitting.

So far, Miss Fiona enjoys freaking herself out in my mirror, pouncing on catnip mice, nibbling noses, and tangling herself up in small balls of yarn from my stash. She's pretty tiny and had separated herself from the other kittens in the pen at the store. I felt instantly drawn to her - to that feeling of needing a little extra TLC. In just two days she has really blossomed into an inquisitive and confident little kitty.

I'm working on a baby blanket in a feather and fan stitch right now and her little ears perk up as she watches the movement of the needles. She'll be a fiber lover in no time at all!



No comments: