Thursday, July 5, 2007

Felting

Last week, I received my felted bead kit courtesy of Starathena's Etsy storefront . She’s an awesome fiber artists/spinner based out of LA whom I’ve never met, but whose work I admire. She put together this lovely (and inexpensive) kit of wool roving that you can use to make felted beads - something I’ve been meaning to dabble in for quite some time. Seeing as all of my knitting needles and other supplies are stuck in limbo (long story about shipping boxes from college home) I’m excited to have something fiber-related to work on. I only recently discovered Etsy, but I have a feeling I will soon be addicted. I am already browsing other people’s wares during my lunch hour at work. Now that I am graduated from college, perhaps I will actually have time to make enough things to actually have my own little Etsy storefront. One can always hope.

No comments: